- Exercise improves the quantity and quality of sleep.
- Research shows that exercise promotes improved school attendance and enhances academic performance.
- Kids who exercise have greater self-esteem and better self-images.
- Participating in regular physical activity prevents or delays the development of many chronic diseases (e.g., heart disease, diabetes, obesity, hypertension) and promotes health.
- Children who are active report fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression and a better overall mood.
- Exercise helps improve motor coordination and enhances the development of various motor performance skills.